Training for Friday, April 28

Friday, April 28, 2017



After taking a rest day yesterday, I was eager to get back into training mode today. It was nice enough this morning to take my bike to work. So I did that. It was a good ride overall. The morning was still a bit chilly (it's been cold all week, which is why I haven't cycled since last Friday). It's supposed to be nice all next week, so look out bike paths, sidewalks, curb lanes: I'm coming for you.

Today's training:

Cycle to U of M: approx. 10 km

Lunch hour:

Lots of stretching and mobility work. My calves are still sore from Wednesday's 5 km run so I stretched my legs a plenty. I also did my current favorite core workout:

Every 90 seconds, 4 rounds: 
  • 6 Around the world with plate above head (15kg, 3ea) 
  • 20 Russian Twists and then hold the Hollow Rock position for 20-30sec 
  • *Goal is to maximize the amount of time spent in the hollow rock position.
This workout comes via Tia-Clair Toomey's Instagram. Tia is a Crossfit and Oly lifting beast. She's featured pretty heavily in the latest CrossFit documentary (the one chronicling the 2016 CF Games ... not the one currently on Netflix. She actually placed second overall in the 2015 games, but was so under the radar she got zero camera time in that one.) ANYWAY, she's become one of my favorites. Oh, and those documentaries are absolute must watches. Matt Fraser (2nd in '15 and 1st in '16) is a gifted storyteller and an equally gifted workout god. He sets the scenes so well.

CrossFit:

A. Front squat cluster, 1.1.1 x 6; 3 mins
6 sets @ 95% 

10 Power Cleans (35/25kg)
10 S2OH (35/25kg)
10 Lateral BB Burpees
*move as fast as possible 

2:30 rest

Cycle home: 10 km


Not a bad workout, considering I didn't time my meals well today. I went into this training session on a bit of an emptier stomach then I would have liked. Took me just under 19 minutes to the complete the damn thing. Again, probably would have been faster if not for my calves, which currently feel like they're going to explode.

The bike home was brutal. Had to ride straight into a north wind. Not fun. Bonus points for getting by the god forsaken Waverley train just before the crossing arm came crashing down. If you don't already, follow me on Twitter for more of my thoughts on that train.

Also, tonight was date night. To make a long story short, I had a RP free meal. AKA, I didn't follow RP after 5:30 p.m. It's all good. I decided going into this I would probably have one cheat meal/period of eating a week. So there it is.

Sorry my writing sucks right now. I'm tired and I'm not in a comfortable position for this at the moment. And my computer is being a little bitch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I've started to re-watch The Office (fifth time doing so). I might write Netflix a complaint letter if they ever take it off the roster. Season 2 is such a treasure. The Dundees episode will always be an all-timer. Pam's Chili's speech gets better with each viewing. Also, I used to DIE laughing at the scene where Pam falls over (seemingly passed out drunk) and a concerned Dwight rushes over, removes his shirt and tries in initiate CPR. The manager's reaction of "people are trying to eat!" gets me everytime. Like EVERYTIME.

I'm going to do an Office post soon. Still figuring some concepts out. So get ready for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GK All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger