Training for Friday, May 5

Friday, May 5, 2017



Another one-armed-typed post as I ice my elbow. Good news is the injury is finally getting better.

Also currently watching parts 1 and 2 of Jim and Pam's wedding. It's probably the apex of the show. So funny. So endearing. Andy crying during Jim's speech at the rehearsal dinner absolutely kills me everytime. Ironically, the episode preceding the wedding one is the worst overall episode of the entire series (the one with Menthol from Dumb and Dumber). That, and the one where Dwight gets locked out of the jewellery store in the Steamtown Mall, always get skipped.

Today's training.

20 km cycle to and from U of M (80 km for the week).

Lunch:

Prep work for CrossFit
Series of power snatches, front squats, and overhead squats

CrossFit:

Press @ 31X1, 3-5 x 6; 3 mins

For 12 min
100 m Run
12 Hang Power Cleans
8 Front Squats
4 Push Press
rest 1 min
*Choose a weight you can do barbell movements unbroken (I went with 30 kg and went unbroken. Probably could have gone 35 kg)


REST 1 min

For 12 min
100 m Run
12 Alternating DB Snatch
8 DB Goblet Squats
4/arm DB Single Arm Jerk
(due to the TE, I used a 35 lb KB and did swings for snatches) 
rest 1 min

I killed this. Like killed it. I'm working out with a lot of confidence right now. Metcons with running and/or rowing seem to be my thing. I still love lifting, but strength is a long game and I'm not where I want to be at ... yet.

Tomorrow will most likely be home training. I have a doozy lined up. Getcha popcorn ready. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GK All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger