Training for Monday, May 8

Monday, May 8, 2017



I did a hundred squats today (look at the workout below if you don't believe me). If I'm able to walk tomorrow I'll consider it a small miracle. I did cycle, stretch, roll out, and pray after the squats, so maybe it'll all be OK.

I had baseball tonight too. I felt a little jelly-like in the first couple of innings. But I was fine after.

No cycling to work today. Woke up late and it was raining (which wasn't in the forecast). I spent almost an hour yesterday watering my back lawn because it hadn't rained in so long. Oh well. I'll have a jungle back there by Wednesday.

Today's training:

Lunch hour (University of Manitoba Active Living Centre)

Workout is from Prairie CrossFit's WOD.

A. Hang Snatch 3 reps x 6 sets
*pause for 3 seconds at the top of the knee before each rep

21 – 15 – 9 reps of
Back Squat (80/55kg)
HSPU
Front Squat (60/40kg)
Push-ups


Aww shit. I didn't see the push-ups when I did the workout today. I also don't have a HSPU/I'm not comfortable doing them without a partner at this point. I did dumbbell shoulder presses instead. And I didn't do the snatch because of my elbow (man, so many excuses here).

Anyway, this workout killed me. I'm not the strongest back squatter. I do, however, consider the front squat one of my favorite movements. I just like the way it looks. My major focus while squatting was to keep my chest open and my knees out. A really great tip I learned awhile back was to pretend you're trying to spread the floor open with your feet while your squatting. I did that today and it felt right. 

I finished all my reps, though. I consider that an achievement in itself considering I did this workout alone and not at CF.  I tend to give up sooner/easier when I train alone. Not on this day.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

GK All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger