Training for Thursday, May 25

Thursday, May 25, 2017



Crazy how fast May is flying. Just crazy. I'm taking a pat leave from work for four months starting in July. We're right in the thick of things with finding my temporary replacement. It's been a time consuming process, I guess. Probably why it feels like May is torpedoing by.

Had a solid-ish training day overall. The winds (oh, the winds) have shifted over the last couple of days. I've been riding into a south wind in the mornings. It's definitely not terrible. I find it much more enjoyable having the backwind in the way home -- especially after leaving CrossFit.

Today's training:

Cycle to and from U of M: 20 km

Lunch hour

3x3x3x3x3 squat cleans, 155 lbs
stretching, mobility work

CrossFit

A. Mid Hang Power Snatch; 3 x 5 sets; 2 min rest

30 min AMRAP
500m Row
10 Thrusters (40/30kg)
30s of Floor on Rings
10 S2OH
30s of Floor on Rings
10 Front Squats
30s of Floor on Rings


This wasn't as brutal as it appears. The floor on rings (essentially a plank while holding low rings) was without question the most challenging aspect to this. I had to go to a place far, far, far away in mind to get through those. I did all the lifts and rowing unbroken, but chopped up the holds into one 10 second interval and then four five second ones.

I went into the workout pretty sore, so I'm surprised I didn't hit a wall or whatever.

Tomorrow will be an active rest day. Still going to cycle and then going to some rowing/sprinting work.

Oh, I almost forgot. My new obsession is The Perfect Physique. It's a documentary I found on Netflix last week. It's soooo terrible that it's actually amazing. The unintentional comedy is through the stratosphere. If you're into fitness at all, it's a must see. I don't mean to hate on these dudes at all. Their bodies are all unworldly and all crafted through almost insane dedication. I'm tired and I don't feel like getting too deep into it. You just have to check it out.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GK All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger