Training for Tuesday, May 23

Tuesday, May 23, 2017



I died at approximately 5:25 p.m. today.

I've always wanted to write a lede like that. Really hooks the reader.

I didn't die but it felt like I did. After about 10-11 days away, I made my triumphant return to Prairie CrossFit this afternoon. It's funny how quickly fitness fades. For me, my endurance and legs seem to leave me real fast. My twigs felt like wet noodles -- and that was after the warm-up.

Anyway, I was WRITHING in agony when it was all done. Haven't done that in awhile. Other than the almost two-weeks away thing, I had a pretty well-rounded training day before the WOD, and my carbs the past week have been low due to non-training. This was all a recipe for me having my ass beaten to a pulp. 

Today's training:

Cycle to and from U of M: 10 km

Lunch hour

University of Manitoba Active Living Centre

Bench press (4-5 sets, 5-8 reps, 135 lbs); superset with 3-6 pull-ups
Core work (the core workout I always do)
Run 1.5 m on the track

CrossFit

A1. Front Squat Drop set; 4.8 x 4 sets; 2 min rest
A2. C2B Cluster; 4.4.4 x 4 sets; 2 min rest

15 – 12 – 9 reps of
Power Clean (40/30kg)
Bar Facing Burpees

rest 5 min

12 – 9 – 6 reps of
Box Jumps (24/20″)
S2OH (40/30kg)
Front Rack Lunges per leg (40/30kg)
*For lunges its 12 per leg then 9 per let the 6 per leg 


Again, I was rolling around in pure pain when this SOB was finished. I had no shame. This shit legit hurt. The burpees really did me in (a little sore for the healing boys).

I expect my legs to resemble swollen frankfurters, so we'll see how cycling goes tomorrow. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GK All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger